Croatia – Plitvice Lakes National Park

Plitvice Lakes National Park

Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatian: Nacionalni park Plitvička jezerapronounced [plitˈvitsɛ], colloquial Plitvice) is the oldest national park in Southeast Europe and the largest national park in Croatia. The national park was founded in 1949 and is situated in the mountainous karst area of central Croatia, at the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The important north-south road connection, which passes through the national park area, connects the Croatian inland with the Mediterranean coastal region.

The protected area extends over 296,85 km². About 90 percent of this area are part of Lika-Senj County, while the remaining 10 percent are part of Karlovac County. In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide. Yearly, about 900,000 visitors are recorded. Entrance is subject to charges. Strict regulations apply. Source: Wikipedia

The park is criss-crossed by a series of paths and trails that allow visitors to explore the area and observe the flora and fauna

Although the park is best known for its lakes and waterfalls, it is home to a wide range of birds and animalsPlitvice is the best known of the eight national parks of Croatia, a country where around ten per cent of the area enjoys some kind of protected status

The park is a watery paradise in all different shades of blue, green and grey; the light and shadow on the moving waters cause the colours to change constantly

Visitors explore the park on foot, following marked trails and wooden bridges

Some of the rivers in the park can also be travelled in boats

With its variation in altitude, climate and soil types, the park offers a wide range of habitats for different species of wildlife

There are 16 lakes in the Plitvice Park, linked together by rivers and around 100 waterfalls

The area where the park lies is karstic rock, mostly dolomite and limestone, and there are marvellous rock formations and caves

Photo Source:

how to get paid for blogging

Sailing Croatia

Bonus photo of Croatian coast by Düsünür İnsan


7 Responses

  1. watta beautiful park!

  2. […] Share this:TwitterFacebookEmailPrintLinkedInLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. […]

  3. very beautiful!

  4. Wow. This is gorgeous! I’ve wanted to go to Croatia, but I’d no clue this park existed. Definitely must visit in spring or summer, when the green of the trees complements the turquoise lakes. Thanks so much for sharing this!

  5. I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts in this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i’m happy to exhibit that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most undoubtedly will make sure to do not forget this site and give it a look regularly.

  6. I’m heading here in the fall- great pictures! I can’t wait to see it in person.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

TENTACLII :: H.P. Lovecraft blog

A blog on the famous author H.P. Lovecraft (1890–1937) and his works



Often described as a blog, an online magazine, a journal. When examined further the description changes and it becomes a project, an objective, a mission. American Male is one simple thing. It is a collection of different thoughts and experiences so come share yours and be part of the narrative.


A great site


Everything about the Online World

carpe diem

vie telle qu'elle est


john downard is a bamf

Fitness and Fat-loss Guide

Source for Fitness and Fat-loss Advice giving you the right information, motivation and solution.

d|gI+Al hEGeM0n ...d|g|Z|nE

Works of Thought... And Pictures of My Soul


fifa 13 news report and game results

Whittington & Company

a personal touch...


A guy with a desk...


This site is the bee's knees


A topnotch site

The World and Thoughts of Alex Milledge

The Writing Blog of Alex Milledge

adventuress gals

Life is either a great adventure or it is nothing.


Personal blog, interracial relationships, dating, author, BWWM,

Digitally Conscious

Roll With The Punches, Go With The Flow

%d bloggers like this: